20 February, 2009

Oh Gosh! 41Kbps!!!

Since yesterday, my Internet connection was so slow.. When I checked the speed analysis, I was simply stunned. It was just 51Kbps. Worse than the old fashioned dial-up..

It took me 3 hours to post only 2 comments to my online class yesterday. It was almost an overnight work till 4am. I paused sometimes to wait for connecting as I thought it would be a matter of bad connection.

Then today, well actually yesterday as it's about 1am, I tried to post some assignments to my classroom. That was over 8 hours work. Since the Internet was slow, I tried to connect it waiting till the afternoon.

But it was funny that when I had extremely slow Internet connection, most website I browse everyday did not show up and ended up in white blank page. It reminded me of the news of someone cut Internet cable in the sea. In such case, the regular websites may not be visible because of the slowness of the whole Internet access. However, the simple websites just made of handwritten HTML with no picture would be still visible. Let me show the screen shot of what it looks in the life slower than dial-up connection. Check out the bite size. Downloading a free software could never be possible in such a lifestyle. What I learned from my experience? Prepared for the worst and always post my assignment earlier. Learning from small emergency is a good way to prepare for the worst scenario.



Because of the slow Internet, I wasn't able to finish translating the Zeitgeist website. Well, most part is done, so after I finish the "Support Venus Project" page, Japanese translation of main information is done. Cool to complete them by myself.

By the way, current speed is about 244KBps, and I can connect to the Internet anywhere in Switzerland except in wild areas or too close to Germany where Deutsch T-Mobile covers the frequency. Hopefully, if nobody is able to translate the new movie for Zeitgeist into Japanese, I can do some help for creating subtitle of it. It would be nice if someone else do so, though.

0 comments: