19 August, 2009

Having some time near the beach

As I expected, staying in Croatia seems a pretty good choice for saving the living cost. The food is cheap as well as the transportation fare. I'm doing my pilgrimage to see some churches related with St. Francis or other saints I'm familiar with. Today I visited the one related with St. Bernadete. There was a group from Italy by the bus to the church, and they held the mass in Italian.

There are some ferries come from Italy, so it's quite easy for people in central Europe to get to here. Swiss people often take a vacation in Italy to enjoy the beach, but I think Croatia would be an alternative option as the living cost is about one fifth here. A large cheese burger (twice the size of BigMac) would cost 30-35kn, and which is about 6 to 7 CHF. If it's in Switzerland, a fastfood meal would cost at least 10CHF. Staying out from EU countries during the Swine flu pandemic would be a good strategy for me. Japan would follow the order from the US, so no where would be safe. If the flu pandemic supposed to be happen within this year, staying out from the countries which preparing mass graves would keep me safe.

0 comments: