26 April, 2009

Swine Flu? Here is a good tip for the Christians.

It was amazing how the swine flu making many many people aware of the epidemic. As far as I know, my area seems to be OK. No sign of people coughing. My neighbors are taking sun baths sometimes and doing BBQ as usual. It is much like a normal life people continue. I think getting panic is much serious effect than the actual disease.

Get the Miraculous Medal. It should work for the Christians.

Not long after, there was an epidemic in France. The death rate soared and medical science was unable to cope with the crisis. People turned to the Sisters of Charity who gave them the Medal of the Immaculate Conception with the assurance that great graces would be showered upon all who would wear it with confidence, especially if it were worn around the neck. After the first cures, people demanded it excitedly. The Archbishop of Paris found it efficacious to secure the return to the Church of an archbishop nearby, who repented on his deathbed. He died in the arms of his fellow prelate. So many favors, cures, and conversions were effected through its instrumentality that its name and doctrinal significance were lost in the clamor; it became known simply as "The Miraculous Medal."
http://www.salvemariaregina.info/MarianShrines/MiraculousMedal.html
The site the above quotation came from has the prayer also. In case of epidemic, stress management and self-control are important. Religion can provide such things to keep the person to be calm against any difficulties.

I got both a bottle of water from Loudes and the medal in my home. I hope I do not need to fight against flu virus with those. If the swine flu can be not serious as the media says, it would be nice. People should be prepared for anything that can be handled through the risk management.

Looking at the pictures of St. Bernadete and St. Catharine Laboure on the wall, I am a bit amazed how my life changed to this much.. But the reality is I just study computer languages and do my assignment for the class. Nothing dramatical but the regular life just continues.

0 comments: