21 May, 2008

My meals thease days.

I have been busy studying Italian and German. I am not sure why Catholic church here in Switzerland use Italian, but that makes learning Italian a "Must" thing for me. Luther might translated the Bible into German and that made High German very popular. Is there a difference between Catholics and Protestant here in Switzerland, like languages for the Mass? That is something I am trying to figure out. But as far as I know Italian is like a dialect of Spanish, I think I can handle the grammatical part. Most of my Spanish vocaburary is gone as I stored them in my short term memory, though.


Since I got my own kitchen with nice oven, I have been enjoying cooking. Unlike the time I was in the US, I have to spend more for food here. I used to buy foods in Costco and kept them in the freezer. Now, I got less foods in my refrige as I prefer to buy foods for that day. I have seen how the NSA behave in the US, and how the FBI undercover agents walk into their target's room for their covert action. If they cannot use the air duct like in the US apartment, they would prefer to use the classic way - poisoning foods and water. I got a plant (not rose as it would be too delicate for my purpose) for the water inspection. So, the Geiger Counter is what I use for checking my meal now. By the way, it is a bit hard for checking the radiation in foods. If it has been illadiated, they would have higher score yet the experiment must be done in closed environment.

For checking illadiation, the food must be carbonized. The easiest way to do so is use your frying pan and cook the food to get burned. You do not have to burn all your meal! After or before you eat the meal, leave some potion like a size of tea spoon or less and burn it. This method cannot work for water, I got a plant. Some plants are sensitive while others are bold.

This is Roesti with bacon and cheese and topped with buttered sliced Tomato. Basil was out from my stock, so I just used Tomato only.


And this is something I ate for today's dinner. I was thinking to cook "Beef and Broccoli" but onion and paprika are going to be spoiled soon, so I added them. Seriously, this is a cheep beef. I used BP to make the beef soften. I prefer Vodka or other stuffs like kiwi for that job, but for Chinese food, BP is very popular to make the meet soften. If you do not know this secret, check out the quality of meet in Chinese dish. They use BP for downsizing the cost and preparation time. So, if you want to cook Chinese dish with beef, try to put BP on the beef and keep it in the fridge for couple of hours. It makes the beef taste more like the one in Chinese restaurants. Also, you can buy cheeper beef for the dish. (The "brown part" of the mug was because I forgot to take the tea bag away as soon as the tea was ready. I boiled water and pour it in the mug before I started cooking.)

0 comments: