29 July, 2013

JustCloud doing something suspicious for taking customer information

I tried to sign up to JustCloud.com for backing up my data. I thought it would take few hours for activation and waited. Then I found it not activated yet. I found an email from JustCloud customer support in my email.

support@justcloud.com via amazonses.com 
12:18 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Hi MiyokoGoto,

Thank you for your order with JustCloud.

We require some further verification to be able to complete your order due to increased security measures. We do apologize that sometimes legitimate cards get flagged up for this, but it is a necessary procedure.

Please could you email us a copy of the front of the credit card (please mask any of the details that you wish to except the name and last 4 digits of the card number) and the card holder's passport or driving license to confirm the payment. Please email this to us as soon as you can so that we can finalize your order.

If you are unable to scan the information, we can accept a photo of the relevant details attached to your reply in JPG format.  The photo may be taken from a smartphone.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, please understand this is for your safety.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Kind Regards,

--
Gabriel Bunggay
Customer Service Representative
JustCloud
www.justcloud.com
You know, I wanted to backup files immediately. Sending my creditcard info and my ID photo would take some days for activation. I sent a cancellation letter. Then I tried to sign up other site like ZipCloud and MyPCBackup.com. Somehow, my registration failed as the warnign says "In Use." I don't think I signed up to these sites but it was like that. I tried BackupGenie and this time the sign up page ended up the page . https://login.justcloud.com/?username=(my Email Address)

It sounds like the curse of JustCloud to me. BackupGenie is related with JustCloud or what? I sent a message to MyPCBackup.com for asking about the problem. Do they owned by the same company and has "no customer" list of some sort for suspicious people?

Ah, I wish I get my money back from JustCloud.com. I will tell if they return money as they say. If they are owned by the gang stalkers, they probably won't give money back easily to TIs.

I figured out that BackuGenie, MyPCBackup can let the user sign in for the same email address and password to get linked to JustCloud.com. So, that means I need to use another email address to creat an account to sign up to those different cloud services. They are all connected as a big cloud storage system union. 

0 comments: