20 March, 2014

Starry night

I'm writing some poems for the new political poetry book. No one actually made poems about MKULTRA and other government issues. Well, this one is just something from my free creative thought.

Starry night

One night I thought about the dream of my ideal life,
the ideal self, the ideal business, the ideal social distance
I have the life with my memories from the childhood
to the best 'me' at 20s and 'me' of over 36 years old

My bones grow continuously to be in the perfect fit
to my skin and the meat and even for the extra fat
My brain gains not much new knowledge like in the school
yet most life problems are solved with it as my best tool

What went wrong in my life? Or what was wrong in the society?
I had the life better and happier and now I am in trouble with insecurity
Not all people are in the pool with warm water just hoping the slow life
Going back and forth from the home to the school or one's work site

There are more people getting sudden dramatic tragedy of one's own life
Oh, what if I hit a car tomorrow morning how can I imagine my life would be?
I thank to the God, I had all the difficulties just enough for 'me' to overcome
step by step, I tried to do better than my past and for the time yet to come

One night, I thought about my lifetime persecution from the total strangers
Who I don't know but their numbers are so many with feeling full of anger
Why do I have the persecution from a thief to the Muslim extremist?
And why people think anti-Islam people like me would work for the terrorists?

I was so frustrated and was on the rage fighting back with my words like bullets
Full of emotion to make them bounce back to me with enemy's manipulative thoughts
And now what I have to share to speak up against the continuous rumor makers?
I am powerless in a lonely unit; the wisdom told me to become a good joker

Starry night, it was simple and the honorable birth of the holy child
In the humble place to be with his mother humiliated from dirt and cold
At his death, he was alone on the stake stripped naked for the everyone's eyes
Guilty till the death, he had the last few words for the others without hearing any lies

One night, I found myself in the garden as if I was the one to be on the death penalty
And I've learned the way how to accept my life with reasonless persecution much casually
It was the realization of me finding the peace in the prayer with my quiet thoughts
Of what was the problem and what made me nervous - let it go was my final result

Life and death is the way of repeating our life back from the new things to the forgetfulness
It was the total peace I found in the center of the circular thoughts showing the way to the success

0 comments: