11 November, 2009

Wisdom tooth problem

I caught a cold (not the flu) and had few days down because of the high fever and shivering. After that, my wisdom tooth started to hurt massively. I took some medicine to handle the problem but that experience taught me interesting nature of human body.

When you have pain in somewhere of your body, you might lose appetite. This fact reminded me how human body works together as a whole. Stomach's function is to digest foods. If body parts works differently and sending different messages, I would continuously get the feeling of hunger while I barely open my mouth and still impossible to bite foods. Brain works to give order in the way what to be put in priority than other. Because of the pain in my mouth is something above the ordinal signals it should notice, it halts other signals such as the feeling of hunger. I can create pseudocodes of body parts classes, but the brain still be the one making the decision of everything. The lack of the similar harmony in an object could bring a destructive system. For example, drug addicts would try to get drugs no matter what health risks happen on their bodies. How about a company? A company trying to put too much resources on sales might ignore the signals from the finance and public relations and ended up bankrupt because of the debts and no supports from the customer. How about a country? A country trying to spend more on military and public service while ignoring the signals from health care, education, social security, and the finance. Seneca mentioned about moderation as the way to peace of mind. I realized about another fact he taught: "Facilius per partes in cognitionem totius adducimur." It's good to think that I have enough capacity to mention and take care my body part that is sending the signal for treatment. Some sickness or problems can undergo without mentioned by the individual. I hope I have a good understanding of my body so I can take care it in the good condition always.

0 comments: