01 June, 2010

Mediafire folders and files deleted!!!

I logged on to my Mediafire account to store some files and found out all the folders are gone...
I did not received any warning from Mediafire nor I deleted files in the past. Everything is lost...

Here is the screen chapter of what I saw when I logged in. It looks as if the account has been just opened. Actually, I have been using the account since last year and storing unnecessary files. It was my alternative storage of another one to store duplicated data for storage.




And here is the screen capture showing nothing in my account. All gone.



Because of this trouble, I need some time for reconstructing what I stored there. Thank God nothing much was so important except the backups of downloaded files like from Fedame.org that are no longer accessible.

Mediafire says the purpose is to share videos and pictures with others. I guess I might use the storage for sharing some stuffs and others for safekeeping files that might be handy some day.

I never thought Mediafire delete anything from a user's storage without giving any warning. Isn't it a bit extreme deleting all the files??? Does anyone know what circumstance Mediafire reset the user's account? I had nothing illegal in my storage but downloaded html files, study materials from my school, and my personal pictures in compressed file format.

And please download things I share if I post the link here, so I can keep my Mediafire account alive. Of cause, what I share does not have any illegal information.

0 comments: