11 October, 2009

XML format for the perpetrator database

I think I mentioned about creating a software for "perp database" for TIs in this summer. Since I am on travel, I did not have enough chance to work on that one. Instead, I thought about the use of XML format to keep the perp data sharable among TIs.
I thought this could be easier for the TIs to handle what to do with the data shared by others. By using the XML format, TIs can avoid the program hacked by the perps or the NSA or even the FBI. Because XML format keeps the contents visible, TIs will get no suspicion on the strange files or a program.

I'm quite busy these days, but if I get enough time for thinking about the format, I will suggest the standard format for the XML. The formats would be based on my suggestion about the database. This can be another way to work with the perp data.

I think the use of XML makes anyone to read the information with just a compatible browser. Also, it can help people to work with the raw data more easily. For the people don't know about XML nor HTML, please think that I am planning to create a format that anyone can use to put the perp data in a single format to be looked as if on a web page.

0 comments: