14 March, 2011

Tsunami and the aftermath

It was an eye-opener for me to find out the earthquake. I had a regular day, and someone else told me about the news. I thought it was just a regular one - like M4 to M5 level causing some old buildings to cause corruption. The movies are quite amazing to see how the small coastal villages swallowed into water.

Then I thought; why people are so ignorant on natural disaster prevention than terrorism?

Say, natural disasters often happen without real reason or stakeholders. Well, if it's done by Supermoon or HAARP, then it would be a different story. But why the government does not spend more money for the possible natural disasters?

The reason I can find is that the government is so ignorant on the rural areas. Also, the power supplying companies are more concerned on the profits to cut the costs on extra things. It's silly that so many people did not really care about the possibility of what would happen if they do not prepare well for the natural disasters and losing everything including their lives.

0 comments: