12 February, 2009

Characteristics of Cyberbullies (Internet Troll) engaged in Organized Stalking on the Web

I have been collecting information of the cyberbullies commenting my videos on YouTube. I found similar characteristics of their writing styles, so I decided to share some yet I have not studied the cyberbullying from psychological aspect. I think their styles are same for other organized stalking victims as they always use same strategies for their activity.

  1. Cyberbullies push their subjection and deny anything from others' opinion. They only complain from their point of view while they deny anything including explanation from the target. It reminds me with my conversation with Dr. Wiggsy Sivertsen on the phone, she said my claim of students stalking was just an imagination and wanted to stop the “accusation” on students and the investigation of Equal Opportunity Services. This is called “Coercive Persuasion.” Psychologists including Sigmund Freud himself used it to shut up their patient to listen to what they believe.

    Example: I have some comments on my video saying they do not understand the language and there for they cannot see any problem – like someone shouting “I kill you” etc. These commenter may be the same people complain about problem communicating with outsourced customer services to India, you know what I mean.

  2. Cyberbullies write stuffs to accuse the target. Bullying is actually a type of accusation. It just has no logic or reason to do so. Their writing often contain something offensive. They want to accuse something toward the target no matter the accusation is not their business.

  3. Cyberbullies often use F-words and slanders. These offensive words go together well with their illogical accusation.

  4. Cyberbullies involved in organized stalking can write awkward comment in the place mismatched the information they share. I got comments like telling me what I'm doing in a dark room – those days, I was using PC typing at night on my bed with no lights on to save some electricity bill and avoid to get attention from the stalkers on surveillance. The video s/he commented had nothing to suggest dark room at all. It was much like a comment was posted to harass me. I think this can be like a type of horror story – a stalker watching the target writes letter to tell how he saw the target doing what.

  5. Cyberbullies can make up something to accuse the target. They tell lies and make up things and ridicule the target. In my case, I had a comment spreading false information about the video. That was done by a supervisor working for Ford? in Canada - I shared her comments in this blog before.

  6. Cyberbullies' writing styles are accusation, ridicule, false claim, exposure of privacy. If the cyberbullies are engaged in organized stalking, these styles are added; exposure of further privacy (from their surveillance), suggestion to visit a mental hospital. I would include “mental problem” accusation as a normal cyberbullies' technique as it can be categorized also in slander, but I think suggestion to visit a psychiatrist is something much specific.

  7. Cyberbullies love trying to mind others' business. In normal Internet communication, people do not care too much about people's doing. Cyberbullies take others' doing serious and try to destroy it for their desire – spread false information, interrupt regular communication, start conflicts, etc. If I share some video of people shouting me “I kill you” or something, normal viewers do not have to care about the privacy of the people engaged in mobbing in it. By joining the side of the bullies in my video, probably cyberbullies can feel sense of dominance as their self-esteem is so low.

Conclusion? I am still doing the research, but it seems cyberbullies have some mental problem that is harmful for others and the Internet environment. I can make some videos to warn the psychological problems of cyberbullies and suggest them to visit a psychiatrist for their problem.

By the way, I contributed the Japanese translation on Zeitgeist Movement. Since I was spending my time for that volunteer work, I couldn't post much in my blogs. My life is just the same. I have one week break from a new class. The few hours before the class end, a classmate suggested me to go back to Japan by telling me if I am innocent I could get protection in Japan. It was funny how just a classmate suggest something obvious - he should now what means to be mind one's business. I can share the screen capture of that comment, but I thought I would wait till the next class. Think about that war-loving top person of Japanese Self Defence Force and mysterious deaths of Japanese politicians, Japan is not safe place at all. I heard the organized stalking victims in Japan are often followed by Japanese Self Defence Force helicopters. Actually, I already got some Japanese comments or messages claiming me for something right-wing or left-wing Japanese group. How could I know them or related with them in my life? Up to the graduation of my senior high in Japan - I had not much trouble. I was the president of the student body in my senior high and such. You know I am just an avarage student with a "good looking" resume. Then, I lived in the US for 6 or 7 years. If Japanese tendency of harassing foreigners calling them "外人(Gai-Jin)" and people came back from abroad "帰国子女(Kikoku-Shijyo)" causes me to be something different from ordinary Japanese, I think that is possible because of my lifestyle. But not like Kaku-Maru or something unfamilier groups. I might write a comment in forums that might relate with certain Japanese groups to share the incident of SJSU police officers kidnapping me. It was part of my protesting. Seriously, I feel sick about these short-sighted Japanese perps trying to claim something up for others. Because of their short-sighted brains, I fear they can kill me by having delusion of something.

0 comments: