For the healthcare institutions, workers, insurance companies, consumers, patients in the US must go through this act.
If you are wrongly brought to mental institutions in a strange circumstance such as questioned the mental stability right after became a whistleblower, you might have right to represent yourself with this act. Customers has right to be informed and the medical care and medical researches. This would be a hope for those falsely claimed as mentally ill.
For more information, read this page.
Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Statement of the Right Consumers have the right to receive accurate, easily understood information and some require assistance in making informed health care decisions about their health plans, professionals and facilities.[/b]
This information should include:
* Health plans:4 Covered benefits, cost-sharing, and procedures for resolving complaints; licensure, certification, and accreditation status; comparable measures of quality and consumer satisfaction; provider network composition; the procedures that govern access to specialists and emergency services; and care management information.
* Health professionals: Education and board certification and recertification; years of practice; experience performing certain procedures; and comparable measures of quality and consumer satisfaction.
* Health care facilities: Experience in performing certain procedures and services; accreditation status; comparable measures of quality and worker and consumer satisfaction; procedures for resolving complaints; and community benefits provided.
Consumer assistance programs must be carefully structured to promote consumer confidence and to work cooperatively with health plans, providers, payers, and regulators. Sponsorship that assures accountability to the interests of consumers and stable, adequate funding are desirable characteristics of such programs.
I'm working on to get my medical records and how I ended up getting mental health record in the below condition. And I wanna know how it is possible of changing so much in diagnosis. I was first claimed as suicidal while I denied and psychiatrists made up something to keep me in El Camino Hospital. Thanks for Blue Cross of California paying 1 week hospital stay and the expensive medication.
1. Suicidal and harmful to others (10.16.06) - claim was done by Dr. J.A. English-Lueck, Sgt. John Laws and another police officer. I denied their claim as I was on my way to a class. I have the voice recording of this.
2. Suicidal and harmful to others (10.17.06) - from Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, the paramedics sent me to El Camino Hospital. They wrote so in the admission form to the second hospital. I only had urine examination twice in SCVMC.
3. Gravely disabled and harmful to others (10.20?.06) - Dr. Peter Newsom diagnosed me so in 5 minutes talking in the hallway. He also tried to set 14-days hold to me.
4. Voluntary Patient (10.20?.06) - I signed the form Dr. Peter Newsom gave as the option to be released on next Monday.
5. Paranoia (?) - Dr. Kent, the old friend of Dr. Wiggsy Sivertsen of SJSU counseling service held several group session. At that time, I was able to realize answering "I was a bit paranoia about students' discrimination" made better for my situation. The SJSU Psychology major student, Hilda B., resident of Campbell, and my old friend from DeAnza advised me on the phone to say "paranoia" so things would go easy.
6. Paranoia, or what? (10.23.06) - After I agreed with Dr. Robert Burr that I will cancel the investigation of SJSU Equal Opportunity Service about student discrimination, I was discharged.
I would like to know what this hospitalization by Dr. J.A. English-Lueck and Sgt. John Laws was about? I never said to be suicidal from the beginning and everyone in SJSU, SCVMC, El Camino Hospital made lies. Too much lies makes things so strange. I just wanna know how they are trying to cover-up everything. The medical records from the hospitals and the insurance should much as well as the evidences I have.