15 May, 2008

I moved to a new apartment.

Yesterday, I got the keys from the estate manager and I am moving stuffs from the refugee residence.
New place is a bit far from Aarau, but it is a large city with some historical backgrounds. It seems perps are acting a bit friendly. Maybe that is because they want to control everything to keep in order. Like today at the bus stop, while I was checking the fahrplan to know which bus to get to the apartment, the bus driver walked down and asked me where I am heading. Actually, the bus was going to the bus stop. Since I was not sure which bus to take, I was thinking to skip that one as it would be off in less than two minutes.
By the way, there seem three types of bus payment systems in Switzerland. A big bus station may have an automatic ticket vending machine. This is true at Dietikon and Aarau. Second one is the bus with vending machine inside. If you take a bus from remote area but the bus has such vending machine at the main bus stops, the bus may have vending machine in the middle of the bus. The last type is the driver selling the ticket. I saw this type when I took PostAuto from Aarau to Frick, and Frick to Zeihen. The buses transporting the customers with monthly or some kinds of passes might have such traditional style of fee correcting. Not all bus drivers can speak English, so you must know the local language. And sometimes the same number of the bus goes to somewhere else. The best way to make sure which bus to take is to read the travel schedule on the bus stop carefully.

I'm too tired from the moving things. I have been walking more than 4 or 5 miles per day with bunch of loaded bags. Now I just want to have a foot massager or a bucket half full of water. You know what I mean. But, hey, going out to buy such thing would make me to walk another extra miles..

0 comments: