18 May, 2008

Sunday is for attending church.

Yesterday night, I had dinner at the manager's room on the ground floor. For the first impression to be a nice neighbor and the appliciation for helping my moving, I brought a cake for the dessert. From my study of Swiss culture, I learned that many Swiss people love chocolate. I was thinking to bring something like chocolate cakes to make sure it is acceptable as a gift. For Germans, Black Forest Cherry Cake is famous, but I only found a cherry cake with white top at the local Konditorei (sweet shop). There are three types of cherry cakes I have seen in my life so far. One comes with sugered cherry and often this type is in either pound or rolled shape. Second one is the cherry cake with cherry jam in the middle. The third one is the old-fashioned traditional German Black forest cherry cake. Since the one I saw did not covered with the chocolate on the top, I was not sure which one it would be. Anyway, there are two small cakes on the counter besides cookies and larger cakes. And another one did not have anything on the top while the cherry cake had the white chocolate board with "Kirschkuchen" writen on it with a drawing of the cherry. I picked that one as I feld I had no other choice for the gift..

Then, I had meal with the manager couple and their friend who lives in the same city. The meal was good. Then the cake made me a big surprise..

Have you ever heard about cherry cake in Kanton Zug? Zug is south east from Kanton Aargau where I live, and they have famous cherry cake. Although Black forest cherry cake might be German traditional dessert and it is well known to be world famous, I do not have any memory tasting one in my life. I was a Costco-lover, and my knowledge of cake is the one that people can buy around 10$, cheese cake, cheese cake with whipped cream on top, fruit tart, pound cakes packed in three, etc. So, anyway, the manager opened the cake box and we tasted it. That was pretty sweet with a strong hint of cherry (liquor). Personally, I liked the simplicity of the cake and the combination with the liquor. It was rather fruity than using rum or something different from cherry. Too bad I did not take picture of it.. But I might try one in future.

And today, I visited the Catholic church for the mass. And that one was in Italian. I am not sure why Catholic mass in Switzerland is in Italian even in German speaking area. But I guess that is something Catholics here in Switzerland could able to handle as Italian is one of their official languages. When I was attending the mass at Chiasso, I thought it was in Italian because the area is Italian speaking and close to the Italian border. I did not try Aarau one as I was surrounded by perps and some of them suggested to visit the church in funny time like Thursday morning or somthing. Today's mass was great. I saw "NO CHILDREN" inside of the church!!! I was expecting to see adult with kids trying to stay near me or make the chapel full of people to control where I would be so that they could put kids around the place to claim me as child-molestor or pedophilia. A typical claim gang stalkers have been making against their target, but I wonder why no people yet to discover their tricks ruining religious people. There are some pictures of kids on the side walls, but other wise, the people in the chapels are all in senior level age except few. If Protestant is much popular in this city, then I think this small group of people attending the church seem a good sign. The folks here maybe really religious since I saw many people walking in groups heading to other churches while I was on my way.

If the perps are religious, I could understand why I did not see any followers but few in cars today. I guess they might get problem bringing their kids to anthor church on Sunday for their stalking activity. If a Asian woman started attending local church would be quite new change, then the residents changing the church they have been attending would be a serious change!!!

It is nice hearing no kids voice on Sunday. Now I have to check online Italian dictionary to learn about today's mass.

0 comments: