15 May, 2013

The Tourist Info told me the cheapest hotel is sleep on the glass

I got bathroom problem since yesterday. My first priority today was to get the shower. It took me some time to find a place where I can use a shower and the Internet. I got room with shared bathroom and Wifi but the bathroom is flooded with the bathroom water and the Internet is not always working.

It seems there are some COINTELPRO going on in some areas. For example, when I went to the main post office, there was a middle age couple from Gemrany came and asked for 2 stamps for the postcards. I sent one postcard just before they entered. I waited outside but they did not leave the building. So, I walked around and checked the tourists information. I asked him about the map as I forgot to bring it and hard time finding one. I was lucky as I saw the Tourist Information from the tram when I arrived to Istanbul and I could remember the location without a map. When I asked about the tourist map, the clerk asked me "chizu?" and it took me awhile to recognize he was speaking in Japanese meaning map. Well, I just used somehow Karta Grada and other foreign language. I told him I am from Switzerland and said a bit in German which he did not respond. Well, he speaks good English, so I asked him about a hostel or hotel just to use the shower. I explained the information a bit though. Then he told me that he does not know any hostel and just the area where I can find hostels. There are 100s of hostels in Istanbul, so it should be easy to find somewhere to get the Internet and shower which I eventually did. He told me that the cheapest hotel would be on the glass and it is free. Well, how can I get a shower with that kind of hotel or the glass on the hotel? Well, I'm not a RPG character or something and I don't wanna use the river or fountain for the sponge bathing or not concerned in the program. I was expecting something might happen when I noticed him just saying in Japanese. I thought he was informed about a Japanese woman who asks a hotel or hostel and he supposes not to help her. Well, the backpackers with camping units can ask him for free spot to stay in Istanbul.



0 comments: