11 August, 2007

San Jose State University Engineering Department


This is my certificate when I attended San Jose State University Engineering Workshop long time ago. They gave away 300$ scholarship to anyone participate in the 3-day workshop. I still remember that a short Asian high-school student made a joke about Japanese, “small people made a small product.” It was the third day of the workshop and we were asked to create an eye-catching title to introduce EPSON's bug-like robot to our employers. Everyone including the two coordinators laughed about the joke. They filmed whole three day session to DVD, so I think they still have the record about it.


I took C and C++ and some computer languages long time ago. But, to be honest, I prefer to keep everything simple. I just use free template for easy web page maintenance. CSS sounds cool for my official website, but alas, we need the contents than how it looks, you know? I cannot spending too much time to struggle with codes and references while I have less time for studying the material what I want to share on my website. Information on the contents can be transferred to another html template by cut and past, yet the source code cannot. This is not like chicken and egg issue. The most important thing to remember for programing is that a programmer should have a sense of whole image of the project. If the programmer cannot have it, it would be hard for either extension and maintenance. At least, this is true for class libraries.

0 comments: