23 October, 2007

Project SHINE Field Note - explanation.

The posting below is what I wrote down for my field note for Dr. English-Lueck's Anth 142 class. At the second site, I received an award and I was the only one to receive such extra stuff in her class. However, becasue of the problem I had with the first site, Dr. English-Lueck, Sarah Lynn (a.k.a. Sarah Spears at that time) and some stuffs at John XXIII asked me to have a meeting for that problem. It was basically the hard time to get along with the Chinese elderly who I supposed to teach preparation for Citizenship program. The place already had enthic issue among Chinese and Vietnamese because of Vietnam War. For my case, it was about WWII. I refused to visit the meeting as I thought they already knew what caused the problem.

In next semester, Sarah Lynn started spreading rumors about me in Dr. Roberto Gonzalez's classroom and let other students to join her harssment against me. Later they moved into my apartment and contituned the discrimination.

I would like to share the filed notes as I received A in that class.

I do not understand being forced to transport to mental hospital from the school is something that should not happen as a reward for my effort working for Project SHINE. Discriminating a student who recevied award while the coordinator thanked other students and held a celebration in MLK library? That did not make sense but happend in Spring 2006.

We did not have "Informed Concent" for the field work we have done for that class. So, I would like to excercise my freedom of speach to share what I got as my evidence.

SJSU violates the consitution and rights the government supposed to have. Why should I care about exercising my action as the lawers cannot support me but just encouranging me to find another one in the yellow page?

0 comments: