27 June, 2013

I visited the Boyana church today.

Everything is cheap in Sofia. And that was why I survived past few weeks without wallet and the emergency money in my security belt type porch. Well, the regular menu at McDonalds or 30cm Sub at Subway cost around 3.50€. So, I can upgrade my life from eating fruits costing around .50€ to 1€ per a kilo. Well, now I can use ATM to withdraw money, so I'm thinking to move to another place in next few days. I might write a short book about how to survive in a foreign country after getting the wallet stolen. That is something unique and my biography. It's more like the philosophy of making the situation to be the time of fasting and the stress management from the victimization. And then the resource management for the decision making on food and where to stay.

Well, I visited the Boyana church today. I'm here for the tourist purpose, so I suppose to go somewhere sometimes. The city got free walking tour from 11am everyday which I tried on the second day here. There are free galleries around in the city center open everyday. I do not spend so much for the sight seeing. There are bunch of orthodox churches around to see the old paintings and icons which are very different from what we have in the Catholic churches. That's something I like to learn a bit and how to recognize those in other Orthodox churches such as Russian and Greek Orthodox ones. You know, there are many different icons derived from certain old ones. IMAO, the Bulgarians are quite similar to Greek Orthodox icons or Serbian ones. Some icons are similar to the ones even used by the Catholic churches. So, I just get to know what Orthodox churches using and I wanted to make a mind note about some of the impressive ones.

So, I visited the church. There was a car parked outside and the driver was inside. When I left the church, the car was about to leave the parking lot. So I noticed the suspicious car just leaving when I left the gate and headed toward the street. At the church, I saw a group of 3 people - one white man, one Asian man, and a white woman. They were talking in English. And I was the next guest. There were very few visitors today. By the way, I found the fresco in the chapel got one more layer behind the current one on the surface. A university or an institution can bring some researchers to check out what is hidden on the old layer. It must be a sensational discovery for the archaeological field and good for the UNESCO monument.

Later, I walked to the National Museum of History. When I used the bathroom and left my bag at the reception to keep it, a large group of English speaker came. They looked like a large family but they talked like they would meet at the certain time and some people remained near the bathroom. I locked my bag as I know someone might steal something from my bag just like TSA officers stealing valuable things from the suitcase at the US airports. I saw the no photo signs at the building entrance, but hey, I just needed to make sure those strange English-speaking people's information to be recorded in order to check who would be the suspects if something happened to my bag. They could be on some security job and might want to check my bag with curiosity just as normal wanna-be-terrorist-finder perps. I filmed two of them walking from behind of me near the entrance. On the upstairs, I saw a group of three speaking in Japanese walking around. There were two Asian middle age man and a white woman who was explaining the exhibits in Japanese very fluently. How many Japanese visitors in Sofia these days? I heard about a man from Hiroshima stayed in the place where I am staying now recently. I don't know how many Japanese around. The V2K perps said that there were 15 Soka Gakkai members in the area and they are helping to set up those illegal broadcast station to increase the EH effects.

Later, I took the tram back to the city center. I bought the ticket from the driver inside of the tram. Around the bridge south of the train station, a man rode the tram and he started to check the tickets from the passengers. He stood for awhile near the second exit from the front. He just started checking from near me. I sat just across the second exit. I rolled up the ticket as I thought no one would check it. Somehow, he did not recognize the punch and he demanded me to pay 20lev. Because the driver driving from the beginning changed with another on the way, so I could not ask the driver for the proof. Moreover, he was just asking me to pay while he did not check others and left at the train station stop just like I did. I filmed him as well. If you watch my video, you can see he had no time checking entire tram vehicles as I sat near the middle. You know, the TIs often get traffic violation tickets. Also, there are more frequent ticket checkers riding the train or bus sometimes when a TI is riding it. If you want someone else was caught in the S-Bahn, you can check my video from last year around October or November. I encountered a woman caught for no ticket in the S-Bahn. Well, I thought that was the skit by the gang stalkers. So, I am assuming that this ticket collector on my video might be one of those gang stalkers who are anti-governmental and often a part of local mafia group. There are some people protesting against mafia in Sofia every night around 9pm, I might share the suspicious people's facial lists to help their movement later. No pain, no gain. We don't need gang stalkers nor mafias nor those Frankfurter German gangs (in Macedonia or somewhere else).


Ah, I forgot to put some German cars around me.


And total cost of my trip: Boyana church entry = 10lev, The National Museum of History = 10lev, tram x 2 = 2lev, metro = 1lev, ticket violation = 20lev. I think it was still a bergen, around 21€. It could be around 11€ if the ticket checker did not show up.

0 comments: